Shadow Of Mordor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Troutslap, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Troutslap Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Well this was unexpected, ( I was actually thinking of re-installing the original game to play through again) target has leaked Shadow Of Mordor 2 and now its apparently coming out on March 8th.

I loved the 1st game, fighting mechanics were batman esque (which is fine), the nemasis system was cool and it was fun to bump into enemies and see what they had to say, that and it was soooo satisfying to eliminate them.

The lord of the rings stuff... meh

The new game looks like its more of the same thing which is good, the only weird thing is there are 3 "teirs" of game you can purchase.

Vanilla - $60

Silver - $80 (has some dlc weapons and expansion shit)

Gold - $99 (has expansions and shit already pre-installed)

I will probably sit on this, see what happens with the reviews and initial release, $60 is not too bad for the game, the expansions and shit will probably be cheap later on
  2. Ripper Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    I'll pick it up for $10 like the last one. ;)
    Sen7ryGun and Yevgeni like this.
  3. Sen7ryGun Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    I think it's gonna be more like August. Either way, I'll wait till it gets cheap and grab it. Shadow of Mordor is a great game. Pretty simplistic but super satisfying combat. Would have copped a solid R rating if it was people you were killing instead of orcs, it's violent as fuck.
  4. Troutslap Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    I really enjoyed it and im exited for the 2nd version but those price points are pretty insane, $90 usd straight off the bat including "expansions"

Ill probably wait for a sale as well, might rotate between dishonoured 2 or some other backlog games I have been keeping an eye on.

Still keen as fuck to murder some orcs and make some salty enemies, some of the interactions on the battlefield with them were awesome.
  5. Yevgeni Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Honestly, I bought Shadow of Mordor for the worst reason. Developer support. I really like Monolith Games. They gave F.E.A.R, Condemned, No One Lives Forever, Alien Vs Predator 2. All games that have a unique sugar twist.

Then they were bought out and forced to make Shadow of Mordor. The following is me talking mad shit about this title so I've censored it. Turns out you can't do spoilers here so take it all!

The Arkham style combat should die in a fucking fire. It was good combat system for ONE game. Batman: Arkham Asylum. I say this because it isn't complex and is designed to overpower the player. It's to make you feel like Batman. The problem is that is not very engaging because it has no challenge, which isn't a problem if you're trying to give a player a fleeting taste of what is it to be Batman (ie ONE GAME). It get's unbelievably boring after one game let alone the 80 titles that have used this system.

Watch this guy say what I mean:

It's not just SoM. I have big problems with games that literally give you easy to use superpowers in it's own universe because it's insulting and boring. It makes the game just a measure of time, not of ability and my participation as a player is not needed. It's a power fantasy game, and there are TOO MANY power fantasy games. I don't find the draw of being stronger than everyone else in the established universe all that enthralling. I find it boring, lazy and an attempted play on my ego.

I did find the Nemesis mechanics intriguing... But it's pointless. You could remove it and the game plays exactly the same. It is seasoning. It's the sugar twist Monolith is known for.

The story does as much as it needs for such a title. Nothing more, nothing less. I never cared or was surprised or was invested in anyone or anything. When I played this game, my brain shut down.

This game is a perfect example of the AAA industry. Lots of flashy power pandering, ultimately hollow inside.

In short, negatively care about SoM2. I'm tired of AAA, franchises and some things should just die.