Post your setups!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by psych0tic, Sep 14, 2013.

1. psych0tic Juggernaut Officer

Message Count:
    Your ram's supposed to be in there as A1 B1 & A2 B2 to utilise the dual channel, unless it's quad channel then any are fine. Or the enthusiast fix, FILL ALL THE RAM SLOTS
  2. Troutslap Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    16 gigs of ram would be enough wouldn't it?

According to the manual i now have the ram in the "recommended slots" A2 B2 which is even more confusing..

[IMG]
  3. AxisBond Juggernaut Admin

Message Count:
    Yeah, 16gb is fine. Anything more than that is largely pointless for now.
  4. Troutslap Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    well pc is royally fucked, think (hope) its a software issue, games are crashing out of the blue (ps2 still working though)
    Computer doesnt turn off all of a sudden so pretty sure it was the PSU, maby something else got fucked when it turned on / off all the time.

Going to do a clean format tonight and see if that helps.
    ShasGue likes this.
  5. Troutslap Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    well thats fuckin random, didnt have enough space on any USBs so made a windows 10 dvd, just did a new install.

Didnt let me choose which drive to install on which i thought was odd.

Checked 2nd hard drive, all old files still there, checked main hd and only about 50gigs left (roughly what i had left before)

Theres a folder in there called "old windows" which has all my shit in there including steam games, think i might just copy them over into new steam folder on this fresh load and delete the old windows folder, should mean a new OS and no need to download stuff
    ShasGue likes this.