Heavy + Medic Nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greyfr0g, Dec 13, 2013.

1. greyfr0g Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Oh well, more pew pew for my repeater.

Fuck. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/infantry-weapon-changes-12-12-2013.162070/

Currently on test server
    A general balance pass has been done of all infantry weapons. The majority of weapons have been tweaked in small ways. The larger balance trends are listed below.
    • Our data has shown LMGs performing too well at hip fire. In some cases they’re even outperforming assault rifles. We've done a global reduction to hip fire accuracy across all LMGs to make them more LMG-like.
    • Assault rifle hip fire weapons have had their hip fire bonus reduced. They still have higher hip accuracy than the standard assault rifles.
    • All laser sight attachments have had a small reduction to their hip fire accuracy modifier.
    • 0.75x move speed weapons have been adjusted so that they have clearer tradeoffs for the move speed bonus. This generally means longer reloads and more recoil drift (to match them being the closer range variants).
    • Carbines have had their minimum damage range brought in by 5 meters.
    Coming later today:
    • The hip accuracy penalty on LMG compensators is being reduced to match the new lower base accuracy of LMGs, though hip accuracy with a compensator equipped will still be lower than it is currently on live.
    • We’re increasing the 1-shot kill range of bolt-action headshots (compared to the 150 meter limit currently on test). The maximum damage of bolt-actions had a slight drop to make the damage curve work, but reload speeds are getting faster to compensate. A general balance pass of all sniper rifles is happening so that their roles are better defined.
    Edit: Actual sniper 1-shot headshot ranges below
    • NC NC14 Bolt Driver & LA80 , TR M77-B & SR-7, VS XM98 & V10
      • 250 meter limit
    • NC SAS-R, TR TSAR-42, VS Ghost
      • 200 meter limit
    • NC EM4 Longshot, TR RAMS .50M, VS Parallax
      • 300 meter limit
  2. greyfr0g Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Actually thinking about it, this probably a needed balance pass. Combine this with the NW changes and actually aiming will be a massive advantage.

ADS master race unite!
  3. DemonJnr Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Tossing up whether to ditch the laser sight then. Most of the time I'm ADS anyway.

Also awesome on the sniper changes!
  4. Tullerion Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    I don't agree with the sniper changes, If you're stupid enough to stand still then you deserve to be 1 shot in the head by a bolt action 500+ meters away lol
  5. DemonJnr Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    That was the last pass on test for the sniper changes, this current one effectively un-nerfs them. I completely agree, if you're standing still you deserve to be dead.
  6. DyslexicSpartan Juggernaut Leader

Message Count:
    well the infantry render range is 300 so it makes sense for the 1000 cert sniper rifles to be able to OHK at that range and it's better then the current 200m OHK limit(no nanoweave), because now you can OHK at 300 no matter what defence they have. Techinically this is a buff to long range snipers so you should be happy :)
    DemonJnr likes this.
  7. Tullerion Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    You sure it's currently 200m? i didn't think the bolt actions had a damage falloff? or am I thinking of the beta... Well, if that's the case, I support these changes! lol
  8. DemonJnr Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    If they go with these new proposed changes it's definitely a buff to snipers. The last proposal was a horrible nerf imo
  9. moistt Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    300m 1 shot range with the RAMS is quite a buff, along with the reduced reload time. I'm curious what else they're going to do with the sniper rifle. Sounds like the SMG/PDW are going to eke out a little more advantage in close range against rifles and LMGs as nothing else will have the same accuracy, which is an indirect buff for infiltrator.

You will 1 shot people beyond 200m if they don't have nanoweave but because 60% of people have maxed out nanoweave 200m was the defacto max 1 shot range. Making everyone die at 300m means you'll suddenly be able to kill everyone out to 200-300m, a range I love to play at, few other infiltrators have any skill at long range sniping.
  10. greyfr0g Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Current range on BASR for people with NW3 and higher is 100m(for RAMS50 equivs). Anything more than that is not a kill. All of these changes are a massive buff.

Hell even the 150m change was a buff, but now they've differentiated the BASRs which is a good thing.
  11. Ghno Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    pls dont tell me the TAR is getting more nerf
  12. greyfr0g Juggernaut Member

Message Count:

Hip fired it is.
  13. Ghno Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    :( they nerfed it awhile back now once more. might hav to go TRV then
  14. greyfr0g Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    I'm back on the T1 now and its still surprisingly good, it performs well at all ranges so I suspect its getting a small buff out of this. Also the NC Gauss rifle is going to be a fucking monster now.
  15. Heen Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    I can't actually think of the last time I was one shot by a sniper, let alone beyond 100m. It's a huge buff for snipers once nano changes go through. Those carbine changes... do they mean the point where the damage begins to fall off or the final point where minimum damage is achieved?
  16. AxisBond Juggernaut Admin

Message Count:
    Not just hipfired.

Because it has 0.75x movement modifier, it'll be one of the weapons that gets a larger tradeoff of some kind (longer reload and/or recoil). Depending on how large the changes are, TRV could be the gun to go for again.

Same goes with the Jaguar, Lynx, all the SMG's and all the NS rifles.
  17. AxisBond Juggernaut Admin

Message Count:
    As somebody who rarely plays heavy, the LMG changes are good for me. Although I was going to start looking at playing the class a bit more often to start getting auraxiums...

Sounds like where the minimum damage is achieved.

All of our carbines do 143 damage at 10m, dropping off to 112 at 65m and beyond (except the Lynx which drops to 100 damage at 60m). Now the drop offs will be 112 damage at 60m (100 at 55m for Lynx).
  18. greyfr0g Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    @Axis, you really need to aim all LMGs but the MSW anyway. Its not a big thing, coupled with NW changes we should probably be ADSing all the time anyway.
  19. Tullerion Juggernaut Member

Message Count:

Yeah that's generally the range I play at when I'm going solo and farming kills, though I only ever had a handfull of people not die from a headshot at that range, can't wait till i get a bloody day off so i can log in and try it out. I miss my long range sniping lol, very few people get to experience that warm fuzzy feeling of watching your enemy's head explode at 300m+ lol
  20. 9Fingers Juggernaut Leader

Message Count:
    The MSWR is awesome. The softpoint ammo is one of the things that makes it better than the CARV - more damage from <10m than any other LMG in the game. A lot of people underestimate how good softpoint is.