Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Troutslap, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Troutslap Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Im still exhausted from the intense No Mans Sky hype train.

But new games!

Whos getting it? Who cares?
    ShasGue and EagleZ505 like this.
  2. Viper Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Played last one and really enjoyed it
    Not in a hurry tho
    Maybe down the track when it goes on sale
  3. Gardenhead Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    I'll be picking it up. The original Deus Ex was one of the best games ever made and the last one actually managed to recapture a little of the magic so I'm pretty keen.
  4. VigilanteSaint Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    PCgamer gave it a solid review at least
    ShasGue likes this.
  5. ShasGue Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Jim Sterling gave it a good review too. Yeah it's probably been divided into a three part series (which means hopefully just as much chock a block of game design) and its social commentary is as Jim called it "tone deaf" about trying to make AUGs versus naturals a poor comparison with real world racial issues but I fucking loved their reboot of Human Revolution for just the setting theme, artistic style (though there is no golden lens/filter this time) and characters which did a great job at exploring plenty that is an extension on current ideas about where trans-humanism could go (and plenty of flavour from conspiracy which the original Deus Ex was based on).

http://www.thejimquisition.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-review/

It's going to be a solid game unlike many current releases from the past couple years (Witcher 3, Overwatch being noted exceptions for me).

Troutslap likes this.
  6. Gardenhead Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Just waiting for my preload to be unlocked...
    ShasGue likes this.
  7. Troutslap Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    The only thing i didnt like about the 1st one was towards the end where you were assaulting the big manufacturing base or whatever it was

There was one particular part of the map where you could go "shetwyman" and waltz straight through the door, or to the side would be a little room with a turret you could crawl into and hack (only if you were an uber techlord), it just felt tacked on, 2 linear paths rather than actual options and possibilities.

Probably gonna finish my current stash of games before i move onto this one, so much other stuff i gotta finish.
    ShasGue likes this.
  8. VigilanteSaint Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Fucking hell, it's got one time use DLC and micro transactions
  9. ShasGue Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Yeah ignore that shit. You don't need it and the one time DLC is couched in terms of one time per playthrough (I think at least, saw their community manager define it that way in a reddit thread).

Im pissed off to see it as well that publisher and developer have done this but Im hoping its minimised and doesnt go much further. Enjoyed the few hours I played this morning just had to bump sensitivity down. The setting, graphics, characters have all been interesting so far but Ive only played for like 3 hours so I dont know shit really.
    Troutslap likes this.
  10. ShasGue Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    http://imgur.com/a/iSjTp <------ Bunch of images- nothing to spoil the game but just a heads up features one main character. Also a couple sample shots below.

Check it out. I havent done no hud shots yet, and I havent really been taking the time to appreciate shots of the game but its so damn good. The scenery, characters and challenges have been fun if all the same sort of feel as Human Revolution (which was a good thing IMO). Havent finished it but I think im already already past 70% of the main game.

And I think they didnt over do the Aug parallel with real world social issues (they window dress it more than actually impede your character so just references about your character rather than physically making your gaming experience affected by the idea of the story which has tradeoffs of course but its been done with some really good effects and settings).

Also did I mentioned our outfit features? (As the 'Juggernaut Collective'). :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Troutslap likes this.
  11. Gardenhead Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Finished it earlier. What's there is amazing but they're charging full price for 1/4 of a game.
    ShasGue likes this.
  12. Troutslap Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Bump, this game is now pretty bargain bin priced, worth getting on the cheap?

I quiet liked the last deus ex, did 2x playthrough and enjoyed the story parts, not so much a fan of reading emails and shit but overall 8/10 game the last one.
  13. ShasGue Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    It's a fun game/ great expansion on the world building but horribly short in terms of overall story - was certainly crafted to be part of a further trilogy and that is now pretty much dead for now cause it didnt receive popular enough sales by the publisher which is bullshit because the mechanics and production is really high quality
  14. Troutslap Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    What about gameplay / campaign length? last one got pretty fun towards the end in that mega corporation place
  15. ShasGue Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Everything about it is fun and the game is pretty long - what isn't is that you know the game was made short in terms of its major story line progression (you never do as giant an event as the end level of Human Revolution)

It's dense but not much moves in the grand scheme to get the world to where the original Deus Ex starts off basically
  16. Gardenhead Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    It really did leave a bitter taste in my mouth when I finished it. Got all excited after I cleared the first boss thinking I had another 2 or more acts to go and then BOOM credits.
    Yevgeni and ShasGue like this.
  17. ShasGue Juggernaut Member

Message Count:
    Yeah really took the wind out of the experience to see it end so abruptly. Was defs chopped up to be spread out and that's what is so shit they didnt even give the green light for a new one (hopefully it happens but still)
    Yevgeni likes this.